564 customer reviews | 368 answered questions
- Polyglycolic acid (PGA) is a synthetic suture, ABSORBABLE, Sterile, Multifilament, which meets all requirements established by the USP.
- Is degraded by chemical hydrolysis, which is absorbed and metabolized by the human body.
- The absorption process is followed by a mass loss and fully reabsorbed within 90 days.
- Is coated with polycaprolactone and calcium Stearate.
- Available in Violet color and it is sterilized by ethylene oxide.
Its plastic coating makes the thread softer on passing through the tissues.
It has the tendency to decrease tissue irritation.
It has greater resistance to traction.
It has a longer period of absorption.
The suture of Polyglycolic acid (PGA), synthetic, ABSORBABLE, Sterile, Multifilament, is indicated in General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Ophthalmic Surgery, Gynecology-Obstetrics, Episiotomy, Urology, Orthopedics, Gastroenterology, General Closing, Bondage, Pediatrics and cuticles.
As being a synthetic suture should not be used when be necessary to support tissues for prolonged periods.