348 customer reviews | 297 answered questions
- Polyglecaprone is a synthetic suture, ABSORBABLE, sterile, monofilament made of polymer e-Caprolactone and polymer Glycolide (PGCL), meets the requirements of the USP except the diameter which is ruled by the British Pharmacopoeia.
- Its degradation is hydrolysis, which makes the polymer be converted into adipic acid, which is then absorbed and metabolized by the body.
- It is available in purple and colorless.
- The Polyglecaprone lost the initial resistance to tension at 28 days after implantation.
- The absorption is essentially complete between 90 and 120 days.
- The product is sterilized by Ethylene Oxide.
Excellent resistance to initial tension.
Low infection incidence and trauma.
Smooth passage through tissue.
Polyglecaprone sutures are indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and / or short tissue recovery, Gastric, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Plastic, Urology and other uses which are suitable for ABSORBABLE SUTURES.
The use of this suture is contraindicated in patients with known sensitivity or allergy to its components.
As a synthetic suture should not be used on tissues needing support for prolonged periods.