874 customer reviews | 648 answered questions
- Chromic Gut, ABSORBABLE sutures, whose main component is collagen, obtained from the serous of the sub-mucous of cattle intestine.
- It is reabsorbed by enzymatic reaction, which increases the risk of tissue reaction compared with inorganic materials.
- The strands are subjected to treatment with chromic salts to enhance their resistance to tissue fluid enzymes and extend its absorption time developing a proper healing.
- The absorption mechanism is by phagocytosis. It is digested by enzymes in the body.
- Chromic Gut suture meets the requirements of the USP.
- It is available in Brown color.
The Chromic Gut Suture has a composition of 97 to 98% pure collagen. Is coated with chromium salts to prolong their integrity, minimizes tissue reaction and the possibility of adverse reactions.
The tensile strength is retained from 14 to 21 days.
It allows the smooth pass through tissue.
Chromic Gut is indicated in General Closure, Surgery, Ophthalmic, Orthopedic, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Episiotomy, General Surgery, Urology, Surgery Tract, Gastrointestinal, cuticles and ligatures.
It is not indicated for Cardiovascular and Neurosurgery Surgery.
The Chromic Gut suture is contraindicated in patients sensitive to chromium and collagen.